The annual DCU Alumni Awards took place on April 20th 2018 at the Helix at DCU. This occasion celebrates our alumni and their outstanding achievements, both professionally and through their contributions to society.
Alumni Awards for Outstanding Achievement in five categories were announced, along with the 2018 Alumni Wall Awardees.
DCU Business School was delighted to recognise the following alumni this year:
Bronwyn Brophy , Vice President Early Technologies at Medtronic . Bronwyn has been named among Ireland’s 25 Most Powerful Women by Ireland’s Women’s Executive Network (WXN) for three years in a row. She leads Medtronic’s Early Technologies division for Europe, Middle East and Africa and has vast experience in senior roles in the pharmaceutical industry including at Cordis and Johnson & Johnson. Bronwyn completed her degree in International Marketing and Languages and subsequently completed her MBA at DCU Business School.
Mark Redmond has been Chief Executive of American Chamber of Commerce Ireland for over four years. He was previously Chief Executive of the Irish Taxation Institute and a Director at PwC. He completed his Professional Diploma in Accounting at DCU Business School. His daughter Michèle accepted the award on his behalf.
Alumni Wall awardees have their photographs and biographies placed on a special wall in both of DCU’s libraries in order to inspire current students with excellent role models.
This year’s Outstanding Achievement recipients were:
- Minister of State for European Affairs Helen McEntee TD for her work across a range of areas of importance to Irish society including mental health and most recently Brexit
- Recently retired Irish rugby legend Jamie Heaslip in the Sport category
- Former GAA President Aogán O’Fearghaíl in the Leadership category
- Accenture MD Michelle Cullen for her pioneering work on diversity and inclusion
- Former EY Entrepreneur of the Year and founder of Openet Joe Hogan for Innovation and Technology.
The President of DCU, Prof. Brian MacCraith, said, “DCU sets out to develop excellent graduates who can make a positive impact on the world and transform people’s lives in many different ways. Each year we are delighted to recognise successful alumni who have done just that. It is with great delight that we honour our alumni for their outstanding achievements, and we take pride in the role that DCU has played in their lives.”
Well done to all the winners!